Agreements were signed after talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Australian counterpart Malcolm Turnbull. The two leaders decided to significantly expand their ties in several key areas including defence, trade, energy and education.
The signed Mou are
- Health and medicine
- Environment, Climate and wildlife
- Civil aviation security
- Cooperation in space technology
- Expand counter-terror cooperation
- Australia had decided to join the International Solar Alliance put together India’s Initiative.
- The two leaders also decided to significantly expand their ties in several key areas including defence, trade, energy, education and skill development.
- Inaugurated a Nano-technology research centre jointly established by TERI Institute and Deakin University of Australia.
- supply uranium to India as soon as possible which was signed civil nuclear
cooperation in 2013.
Source : DD News
GS II : Bilateral agreements