The Government is engaged in preparing the Nation to truly get 24×7 affordable, quality and uninterrupted adequate power. Minstry launch of ‘URJA MITRA App’ and inauguration of the ‘Rural Feeder Monitoring Scheme’
- Empowers citizens by real time information sharing on power supply.
- The app is a first of its kind application which provides a central platform, Web-Portal (www.urjamitra.com) as well as Mobile App (iOS version and android version), for State Power Distribution utilities
- To disseminate power outage information to urban/rural power consumers across India through SMS/email/push notifications.
Rural Feeder Monitoring Scheme
- The Government has launched ‘Rural Feeder Monitoring Scheme’ to monitor the quantity and quality parameters of power supply in rural areas of the country.
- The entire data shall also be hosted on National Power Portal (NPP) on real time basis and may be accessed by various stake holders through web services.
- Government has set December 2017 as the deadline to achieve 100% rural feeder monitoring by installing additional meters and modems on all feeders across the country, in order to facilitate real time communication of faults appearing in the power supply.
- These meters would be geo-tagged to pin point the cause and location of the fault and address it at the earliest
Source : PIB
GS III : Infrastructure: Energy