Outcome of the policy of the Government for use of information technology for efficient service delivery and widening the reach of EPF benefits.
Aadhaar Seeding Application
- The EPFO has developed this Aadhaar seeding application with support of the Common Service Centers (CSC) and CDAC.
- The CSCs are ICT enabled front end service delivery points at the village level for delivery of Government and private services.
- With the implementation of Aadhaar Seeding Application, now Provident Fund member or pensioner can walk in any of the field offices of EPFO or CSC outlets with UAN & Aadhaar and seed the Aadhaar with the UAN.
Common Service Centres
- An information and communication technology (ICT) access point created under the National e-Governance Project of the Indian government.
- The project plan includes the creation of a network of over 100,000 CSCs throughout the country.
- The CSC project was begun in 2006.
- Project funding and implementation is through a public- private partnership
Source : PIB
GS II : Development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Human Resources