Muslim men who misuse triple talaq and use it arbitrarily without valid reason will be subjected to social boycott, the All India Muslim Personal Law Board concludedafter an executive meeting.
Outcome of the meeting
- Triple talaq without valid Shariat reasons will be boycotted by the society… so that such cases do not arise in future
- The governing body for Muslim personal law in the country concluded after a two-day executive meeting at the Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulam, a key Islamic seminary in Lucknow.
- AIMPLB asserted its full constitutional right to implement Muslim personal law in the country.
- Islamic Sharia gives equal status to men and women and the truth is that talaq was kept to protect women from danger,
- Released an eight-point code of conduct for divorce, the Board encouraged Muslim couples to try and resolve differences on their own.
- If that fails, adopt the reconciliation and arbitration method though involvement of family elders, before settling for a divorce.
- After the waiting period (iddat), reconciliation happens, the two can, through mutual consent, restore the relationship with a fresh marriage.
More for the security of women
- To make more use of social media to spread its word and counter all myths related to Sharia and Islam.
- Muslim women’s wing and helpline would also be promoted.
- Muslim organisations to help divorced and destitute women, and widows to get their rights under the Sharia.
Source : The Hindu
GS I : Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues