The Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation, Phase-1 (Link 2) of the SAUNI (Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation) Yojana, at Botad. Also laid the Foundation Stone of Phase 2 (Link 2) of the SAUNI Yojana. The project envisages to channel the floodwater, which otherwise overflows the Narmada dam during monsoon and drains into the sea.
SAUNI (Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation) Yojana
- Project launched to divert one MAFt excess over flowing flood water of Narmada allocated to Saurashtra Region.
- The excess over flowing flood water of Narmada will be distributed to 115 reservoirs of eleven districts of Saurashtra through total 1126 km long four link pipelines benefitting 10,22,589 acre land. These links are
- Link: 1 From Machhu-II dam of Morbi district to Sani Dam of Jamanagar District
- Link: 2 Limbdi Bhogavo-II Dam of Surendranagar District to Raidi Dam of Amreli District
- Link: 3 From Dholidhaja Dam of Surendranagar District to Venu-I Dam of Rajkot District
- Link: 4 From Limbdi Bhogavo-II Dam of Surendranagar District to Hiran-II Irrigation scheme of Junagadh
- Under Sauni yojana, work of about 230 Km length of pipeline works are commenced since March 2014 and are under progress.
Source : Pib
GS III : different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage