The presidential nod to a parliamentary panel recommendation that the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) either dubs them or carries Hindi subtitles to regional Cinema.
- Regional movies without any language barrier either dubs them or carries Hindi subtitles.
- The NFDC facilitates line production services of shooting in India and animation services of overseas clients.
- Committee of Parliament on Official Language has also recommended that film-makers submit their script in Hindi to the NFDC and make it available to all concerned.
- As of now, the corporation’s sub-rules on submission of applications for feature films state that the applicants should submit six copies of their script in English and one in the language the movie is to be made.
- The recommendation only covers regional films produced by the NFDC.
National Film Development Corporation of India
- NFDC based in Mumbai is the central agency established in 1975, to encourage high quality Indian cinema.
- It is under Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India.
- It functions in areas of film financing, production and distribution.
- The goal of the NFDC is to plan, promote and organise an integrated and efficient development of the Indian Film Industry and foster excellence in cinema.
Source : The Hindu