A Science Express Climate Action Special (SECAS) train will hold exhibitions at four stations under East Coast Railway (ECoR). It’s aim is to create awareness about climate change and similar issues.
- The exhibition is at Bhadrak, Puri, Chhatrapur and Kottavalasa between 9 and 23 May.
- 16-coach train is an initiative of the Centre’s department of science & technology in collaboration with the ministry of environment, forest & climate change, department of bio-technology and ministry of railways.
- Exhibition will convey a message about climate change and provide an opportunity to generate dialogue and discussion.
- It will create awareness among various sections of society as to how climate change can be combated through mitigation and adaptation.
- 8 coaches developed by MoEFCC, is exclusively devoted to information, case studies and material related to various aspect of climate change.
Source : Livemint
GS III : Environment Awareness – Climate Change