Ministry of Women and Child Development to deal with the problem of online Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM). A stakeholder Consultation was held last year on this issue. It was decided that the Ministry will establish a National Alliance against Online Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation. It will mainly focusing on the online content.
Immediate Interim Measures
- Consultations of the Inter-Ministerial Committee, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MEITY) in collaboration with Ministry of Women and Child Development has issued immediate interim measures to curb the menace of Online Child Sexual Abuse Material.
- The Internet Service Providers(ISPs) shall be required to adopt and implement the Internet Watch Foundation(IWF) Resources by 31st July 2017.
- This foundation maintains a dynamic global list of websites and URLs which contain CSAM.
- Implementation of IWF Resources will result in the relevant content being blocked/removed on an ongoing basis.
- This is an interim measure till the IMC puts in place a centralized mechanism to monitor online CSAM.
- ISPs will continue to observe due diligence requirements described under the IT Act for removing and disabling any content which is in violation.
Source : Pib
GS II : Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.