India & UK agreed to sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on bilateral cooperation in urban transport policy planning, technology transfer and institutional organization of transport.
- MoU agreed to cover a wide range of transport mobility solutions and associated activities in urban environments.
- Transport For London (TFL) will share its expertise on the mobility and efficiency of transport system and methodologies to facilitate the planning and delivery of mobility solutions including ticketing , passenger information, major project financing, infrastructure maintenance strategies and behavioural change and public transport promotion.
- Ministry to strengthen cooperation on electric bus, bus innovation and capacity augmentation and water transport.
Transport for London (TFL)
- TFL is a local government body responsible for the transport system in Greater London, England.
- TfL has responsibility for London’s network of principal road routes, for various rail networks including the London Underground, London Overground, Docklands Light Railway and TfL Rail, for London’s trams, buses and taxis, for cycling provision, and for river services.
Source : Pib
GS II : Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests