National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in collaboration with the Delhi Government will conduct a mock exercise to improve preparedness and response mechanisms of the local administration in the event of an earthquake.
About mock exercise
- The exercise will cover all the 11 districts of Delhi.
- Preparedness measures required to be taken at individual, societal and institutional levels to minimise the effects of an earthquake were discussed in detail.
- NDMA experts will brief the stakeholders on the activation of Incident Response System (IRS), on their roles and responsibilities at each level to improve coordination.
- Also created various disaster situations involving residential high-rise buildings, hospitals, schools, metro stations, shopping malls and petroleum depots and sought response plans from the participating officials.
- Departments such as the Army, Health, Police, Firefighting, Civil Defense, Transport, Electricity, Public Relations and Traffic Control participated in the preparatory meetings.
Source : Pib
GS III : Disaster and disaster management