BRICS ministers of education and assigned representatives adopted Beijing Declaration on Education in a meeting at Beijing.
Beijing Declaration On Education
- Ministers from BRICS countries discussed education reforms, approaches to promoting equity in education and fostering quality education, strengthening BRICS collaboration in the field of education.
- Also exchange of students and scholars and teaching faculty among BRICS Member States held .
- Members states are committed to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG4)-Education 2030 which aims to Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote life long learning opportunities for all that was set within The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- The meeting reiterated support for the BRICS Network University (NU) to collaborate in the fields of education, research and innovation.
- It also encouraged universities to participate in the BRICS University League.
- BRICS member states also decided to increase cultural cooperation through language education and multilingualism to promote mutual understanding of the history and culture of BRICS member states.
- Declaration also encouraged to expand the number of scholarship opportunities to students across BRICS Member States.
Source : NDTV
GS II : Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests