Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (I/C) attended the first International Aviation Security Seminar in Manesar.
Objective of the seminar
National Security Guard (NSG) has organised the seminar, with the aim of bringing all major stakeholders under one roof and facilitate them sharing views/opinion, discussions, brain storming with the matters concerning Aviation Security.
Weapons and equipment were also displayed showcasing the current weapons and systems used by the forces and cutting edge systems considered for future planning.
National Security Guard
- National Security Guard (NSG) is an Indian special forces unit under the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), are often referred to in the media as Black Cats.
- It composed of personnel on deputation from other Central Armed Police Forces and State Police Forces.
- It was raised in 1984, following Operation Blue Star and the assassination of former PM Indira Gandhi, for combating terrorist activities with a view to protect states against internal disturbances.
- NSG is trained to conduct counter terrorist task to including counter hijacking tasks on land, sea, and air; Bomb disposal, Post Blast Investigation and Hostage Rescue missions.
- Head of NSG, designated as Director General (DG), is selected by the MHA-Home Minister officer from Indian Police Service (IPS).
Source : Pib
GS III : Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate