President Pranab Mukherjee launched Swayam and Swayam Prabha and a ‘National Academic Depository’ where verified educational records will be digitally stored by universities and boards to counter forgery.
Swayam and Swayam Prabha
- Aim of the portal is to take education to the remotest corners of the country
- Swayam and Swayam Prabha and the depository were conceived and executed by the HRD ministry.
- Emphasised on “quality” of teaching and learning process in higher educational institutions.
- Courses will be offered through digital classrooms with online study material available free of cost.
- Students who want certification will have to registerand they will be offered a certificate on the completion of the course for a nominal fee, the Swayam website.
- They will have the opportunity to raise queries which would be answered in real time.
Need for making quality Education
There were differences in the quality of education in urban and rural areas. Also quality education difference between states and in educational institutions within a state.
Source : Pib
GS II : Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures