A Swiss nonprofit foundation, based in Cologny, Geneva, Switzerland. Recognised in 2015 by the Swiss authorities as an other international body under Switzerland’s Host State Act 2007. Its mission is cited as committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas.
- The forum members are world‘s 1,000 leading companies
- It provides a platform for the world‘s 1,000 leading companies to shape a better future.
- It focuses on three key strategic challenges
1. Mastering the Fourth Industrial Revolution
2. Solving the problems of the Global Commons
3. Addressing global security issues.
- The foundation is funded by its 1,000 member companies, typically global enterprises with more than five billion dollars in turnover (varying by industry and region).
- These enterprises rank among the top companies within their industry and/or country and play a leading role in shaping the future of their industry and/or region.
It releases Reports
- Global Information Technology Report,
- Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report,
- Global Competitiveness Report (GCR),
- Global Human Capital Report, Global Risks Repo.