A specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health.
- The WHO is a member of the United Nations Development Group.
- Its predecessor, the Health Organization, was an agency of the League of Nations.
- It has the authority of directing and coordinating matters related to International health.
- World Health Assembly is the supreme decision making body of WHO, attended by delegations from all member states.
- It meets in Geneva in May each year.
- The Executive Board of WHO implements the decisions and policies of the World Health Assembly.
The WHO is responsible for
- World Health Report
- Worldwide World Health Survey
- World Health Day