The conference sought to find ways and urge for the implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14. Its theme is Our oceans, our future: partnering for the implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14
- The UN Ocean Conference was held in June 2017 at UN headquarters in New York.
- It is a high-level United Nations Conference to Support the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14.
- SDG 14 advocates conserving and sustainably using the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- Many voluntary commitments for concrete action to advance implementation were made by governments during the conference.
- To follow-up on the implementation of these voluntary commitments, United Nations has recently launched nine thematic multi-stakeholder Communities of Ocean Action.