UNCTAD is a permanent intergovernmental body established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1964.
- It is a part of the UN Secretariat.
- It is a part of the United Nations Development Group (UNDG).
- It was formed specifically to handle the problems of developing countries dealing with trade, investment and development issues.
Important reports published by UNCTAD
- Trade and Development Report
- World Investment Report
- The Least Developed Countries Report
- Information and Economy Report
- Technology and Innovation Report
- Commodities and Development Report